Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The check oil/no oil message is on oil isfull. Two recent…

The check oil/no oil...

The check oil/no oil message is on oil isfull

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your last oil change?

Two recent just beccause that message oil did not need changing or fill

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

Freestyle 2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Freestyle yourself? What have you tried so far?

My mechanic he changed the oil when the message ws on but the mesage wont go away

3/20/2018
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron and I'll be working with you on your question today.

Are you referring to the low oil pressure warning?

My apologies. There are only a handful of Techs that take phone calls. Unfortunately, I am not one. If you'd like, we can continue here in Q&A chat and I can provide you with the information and help you need, and I can handle any follow-ups you may have. If you'd rather wait for a phone call, please standby until an available Tech can take your call.

the message is that i have no oil

Ok. I believe this is going to be due to a faulty oil pressure sensor. The sensor is located behind the A/C compressor. To gain access, the compressor will need to be unbolted and set to the side (no need to discharge the system). Inspect the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken or oil-soaked wires. If no problems are found, replace the sensor. Please be kind enough to leave a rating for our Q&A using the 'stars' at the top of the page or click 'Accept' when I have answered all your questions. A 5-star rating is very much appreciated! Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra.

ok we checked the sensor no problem found what now

If there are no problems with the wiring to the sensor, it will need to be replaced, as I mentioned above.

Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -
eric remington
eric remington, FORMER SHOP OWNER/TECHNICIAN/INSPECTOR
Phone call session started