Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Just replaced engine completely and now my turbo hose keeps…

Just replaced engine completely...

Just replaced engine completely and now my turbo hose keeps blowing off

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

On the new engine 500 miles on the vehicle itself 207000. automatic transmission F250 6.4L

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Turbo?

2008

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?

Fixing myself can't afford to take in since just paid $17000 on new engine. just keep putting it back on and replacing clip

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/20/2018
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

As long as there is not an overboost concern. It is most likely oil saturated CAC tube boots. Clean the connections and replace the boots and tighten them to 71 inch pounds. This should stop your issue. One the boots get oily, and are removed, they no longer will stay put.

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician