Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 98 ford exployor key dont work i got two new keys off the…

My 98 ford exployor...

My 98 ford exployor key dont work i got two new keys off the internet they arrived today what had them cut from the 1 old broken key i had

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the key stripped or worn?

The key is broken the black part is gone

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 98 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I got the two blank key off the internet i need to know how to program the new keys so i can drive

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Can i program the freshly cut keys the truck is not starting with the old key case the trasmiter is lost

3/20/2018
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
You can only program new keys yourself if you have 2 working keys. If not a scan tool made for programming keys needs to be used to program your new keys.
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i was told you dont need the two old keys only new keys
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
im not at the truck im in the library trying to print out instructions to do it myself on my off day
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what time will he call me....can he call later this evening
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
how do i program the new key
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH

Hi, my name is ***** ***** you still need help with this?

Phone call session started
EricFromCT
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician