Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 98 ford exployor key dont work i got two new keys off the…

My 98 ford exployor...

My 98 ford exployor key dont work i got two new keys off the internet they arrived today what had them cut from the 1 old broken key i had

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the key stripped or worn?

The key is broken the black part is gone

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 98 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I got the two blank key off the internet i need to know how to program the new keys so i can drive

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Can i program the freshly cut keys the truck is not starting with the old key case the trasmiter is lost

3/20/2018
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
You can only program new keys yourself if you have 2 working keys. If not a scan tool made for programming keys needs to be used to program your new keys.
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
i was told you dont need the two old keys only new keys
im not at the truck im in the library trying to print out instructions to do it myself on my off day
what time will he call me....can he call later this evening
how do i program the new key
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH

Hi, my name is ***** ***** you still need help with this?

Phone call session started