Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2010 Ford Focus says that the tire sensor is out. How do…

My 2010 Ford Focus says...
My 2010 Ford Focus says that the tire sensor is out. How do I go about getting that fixed? Is it expensive?
3/20/2018
Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

What do you mean it says the tire sensor is out? You sure its not just saying one of the tires is low?

At any rate if a sensor is bad pretty much any tire shop can fix it. They just break the bead on the one side of the tire and unscrew the TPMS sensor then screw a new one in and air the tire back up. Its a 15 minute operation and doesnt cost too terribly much. Under 100 bucks at most shops around here.

Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for helping you today. THanks

Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I believe the battery is out if that's a thing. I will check with a tire shop. Thank you!

No theres no battery in them. If its anything with the sensor its just bad. Its just basically a pressure sensitive magnetic on/off switch. Its its not working its either bad or the system just lost its calibration and needs recalibrated but either way any tire shop should be equipped to fix it and it shouldnt cost you over 100 or so either way.

Let me know if you need anything further or want to verify what they tell you or something. I will be standing by. Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have just submitted a motion with the courthouse. Thank you so much for your time!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry wrong person

:) No problem. And yeah Im not sure they would be much help with this issue. LOL

Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner