Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Swapped out a motor in a 2004 f250 5.4 triton with a 2000…

Customer Question
Swapped out a motor...

Swapped out a motor in a 2004 f250 5.4 triton with a 2000 5.4l trition and nowi only getting 5psi fuel pressure and engine wont stay running

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the vehicle? And when was it last serviced?

160.k on the engine I just put in . I put new fuel pump oil and filter new antifreeze the 2000 engine was running great when I took it for my truck

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes fixing myself.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Replaced fuel pump and filter verified no blockages in any fuel lines took fuel pressure regulater from 2000 and put in it put the injectors from 2000 in it aswell

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
3/20/2018
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 4 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

What year is the truck and what year engine is in it. That part is confusing the way its worded.

Are you still needing help?

I put a 2000 5.4l triton from an f150 into a 2004 f250 the motor from the 2000 was running beautifully when I took it out of the truck . I had to use the wiring harness from the 2004 as the connectors were on opposite sides of vehicle . when I went to fire it up it only idles for 5 to 10 seconds then stalls. I am only getting 5 to 8 psi at the Schrader vavle on fuel rack. I replaced fuell pump fuel filter blew out all lines to verify no blockages. it has new oil ,oil filter , coolant . I tried both sets of injectors ( from 2000 and 2004 ) . I replaced the fuel pressure reg with the one out of the 200. and nothing changes ..still stalls and still only 5 to 7 psi

Can you try and get a pressure reading at the filter directly out of the tank/pump.

ill give it a shot tonight .. it should be about 40 psi correct

35-45 psi

Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 3 months ago

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris