Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a f250 lariet ford 4by4 super duty 08 with only

Customer Question
I have a f250...

I have a f250 lariet ford 4by4 super duty 08 with only 78,000 miles. It started burning lots of gas and smoking while idling. When accelerated it skips. I replaced the master air flow sensor also; two upstream sensors and two downward sensors. It still chokes off when I press the gas It won't take the gas. I don't know what's wrong

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the connectors on the sensor itself? It's important that they not be loose or corroded.

Yes had new sensors put on

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your F250?

2008

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No. Mechanic put the parts on . Bought the sensors my self . The XBD codes showed those sensors were bad

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The service code was cut off. It came back one the next day

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Ford
3/20/2018
Ford Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 1 month ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Is it black smoke that you are seeing from the exhaust or does it smell like fuel at all?

Let me know,thanks Pete.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
smells like gas
Ford Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 29 days ago

If you have not had the fuel injectors tested at all this should be done.If a fault is found with one or more fuel injectors this will cause this fault here and the affected injectors will need to be replaced.This was a common issue with one or more injectors leaking down fuel or allowing to much fuel into one or more cylinders causing this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician