Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a Ford Explorer 2006 I have problem to start the

Customer Question
I have a Ford...

I have a Ford Explorer 2006 I have problem to start the engine every morning

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Battery is fully charged

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?

I changed the electrical fuel pump

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It look like fuel line dry up during the night

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Ford
3/20/2018
Ford Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 5 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you, Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you.

how many tries does it take before the engine starts?

I have to live the start switch open for five minutes after five mininutes it start but it look like every day it take longer time to start

ok, if you turn the key on few a few seconds then off, 2 or 3 times is it easier to start?

I prefer you answer by chat or email

I didnt offer to answer any other way. now please answer my question

My Email:***@******.***
or we can chat

you answer the questions on here.

It did not start no matter how many time you crank, you have to open the switch and wait

you mean turn the key on and wait?

and after it starts, it runs fine the rest of the day?

after it start you never have a problem to start in all the day

ok please standby while I look at a few things

ok
the light for fuel cap is ON all the time but the fuel Cap is closed and tie

ok you are loosing vented pressure if that light is on. get another cap from the dealer only

I changed the Cap and the light continue ON

then you have a leak in the evap system which will require a smoke test to find it. but the problem with the starting issue wasn't the pump it's the fuel pump driver module

David did you have a phone number that I can call you?

you have to request a phone call through the site but my service doesn't allow for international calls. you could request the call and them another tech can pick it up

I can call by Skipe
International calls are very expensive

you have to go through the site to request a call, but as I said I cannot receive international calls. there is no reason this cant be taken care of on here.