Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2004 6,0 diesel dies on me. Original and few thousand…

Customer Question
My 2004 6,0 diesel...

My 2004 6,0 diesel dies on me

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?

Original and few thousand miles ago

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '04 Ford?

550

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 550 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, trying to find out why when I drive is for about ten minutes is dies and won't start. has to sit along time to cool down completely for hours and then will start right up and repeats again.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

N0

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Ford
3/20/2018
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 3 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Do you have a diagnostic tool that can get us some information from the truck?