Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Getting a fuel rail pressure high input code i noticed a…

Getting a fuel rail...

Getting a fuel rail pressure high input code i noticed a whining low type hum sound possibly from fuel pump and also a increase in fuel consumption truck seems to run okay but useing more fuel and worried about the whining sound

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?

Replaced the pump because it stopped put new pump in and still did not work could not get a ground circuit to the pump ran seperate ground to frame and it work ran for couple days and it quit again this time kept blowing the fuse took out fuel pump and put old one back in and solved problem but now i have the sensor code and the hum

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2005 f150 harley edition

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes replaced the fuel pump module and the fuel rail sensor

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thats it

3/20/2018
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Can I get the code number?

What is the fuel pressure while running?

P0193 and also p2198 i dont know the pressure its my son inlaws truck and hes already spent 1000.oo trying to fix it

Do you want to wait till you are back with the vehicle to continue diagnosing this or would you like the Ford diagnostic steps for these codes?

The ford diagnostic steps would be fine i will be back at the truck tomorrow

Here are the steps.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/propigcpnsng6jz/0193.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ejuadyhaydj5yd/2198.pdf?dl=0

DO you want to reply tomorrow if you run into trouble diagnosing these codes?

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician