Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I locked my fob in the car and do not know the security code…

I locked my fob...

I locked my fob in the car and do not know the security code to unlock it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

Its locked in the car

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2014 ford fusion

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fusion yourself? What have you tried so far?

Am I able to get the security code by providing the VIN number

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just help me to get my fob and get into my car

3/19/2018
Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Please dont shoot the messenger here but there is no record of the keypad code per vin number. Ford never made any sort of database like this. If they were to do this same thing at the dealer they would either have to use traditional means to get into the door or cut a new key by the vin number.

Your options are limited here. If there is no second key available you will have to either get a locksmith or tow truck on site to get into the vehicle or if you take proof of ownership to the dealer they can cut a non chipped key for the car by using the vin that will get you in the door to retrieve the fob. The upside of the second method is you could keep the extra key in a safe place to get you in if this ever happens again.

Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for helping you today. Thanks

There is no key hole on the outside of the car. Can a dealership program a fob to unlock the car

They cannot. There is a hole its just hidden. Let me see if I can find you a video of how to access it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snjtBXaAYyo

Please do this is the transportation for 2 families
Thank you

No problem. Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for helping you.

Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner