Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2011 Ford F-150 5.0 4x4 The ABS, Traction control…

Customer Question
I have a 2011 Ford...
I have a 2011 Ford F-150 5.0 4x4
The ABS, Traction control and brake lights are on nothing feels wrong with the truck though
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
3/19/2018
Ford Mechanic: Mike V., Auto Service Technician replied 4 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician

My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question Thanks.The site will prompt a call.I will let you know if it's necessary

I have a computer that reads ABS and I get Code C1300 ABS Pump motor circuit failure

Please give me a moment to look up the code.

Also code C1175 Left Rear wheel speed sensor input circuit failure
Ok

Ok, well the first code could be the result of a bad fuse in the battery fuse box. If it's bad then the pump isn't gettng any power. If the fuse is good, then you have to test this with a scan tool.

As for the speed sensor code, this is easiest to diagnose with a scan tool that can actually watch the data from all the wheels while you are driving. This wheel will either be off line or showing a difference of speed. Sometimes if there is an issue with the tone ring it will make it look like there is a slide happening at the same time. With this first code though, I suspect that should be diagnosed first.

Also, the truck acts normally because none of this will affect the mechanical braking. If you have a panic stop situation, the ABS won't kick in, but otherwise it's normal, like cars before they had abs or traction control. The fuse in the junction box should be labeled as ABS. This is where I would start with it.

This is a 60 amp fuse in the battery fuse box.

Should be fuse #47

Fuse 47 is good

Do you have a test light or volt meter?

Yeah
Which is the abs module ?
It has power
It has ground aswell
Ford Mechanic: Mike V., Auto Service Technician replied 3 months ago

This is really pointing to an issue with the ABS control module.

C6 CHECK FOR CORRECT ABS MODULE OPERATION

- Disconnect: ABS Module C135.
- Check the connector for:
- corrosion
- damaged pins
- pushed-out pins
- Connect: ABS Module C135.
- Connect: Negative Battery Cable.
- Make sure the connector seats correctly, then operate the system and verify the concern is still present.
- Is the concern still present?

Yes
INSTALL a new HCU. REFER to Hydraulic Control Unit (HCU)

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, you do when you rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings. Your question does not close after you rate. You will still be able to contact me by replying to this post.
Thank you so much!

Where are the rear speed sensors located ?
I know the older models had one main rear speed sensor, but the the computer is telling me left rear speed sensor

It's on the left rear axle housing out at the wheel. Here is a diagram.

This is plug and play, you don't have to update the computer or anything. Hopefully that will solve both codes for you.

Please let me know if you need more help, also kindly remember to rate my answer.

Thank you so much!

Truck was lifted before though

Well you didn't say you were working on a modified truck, lol. If there isn't a speed sensor in the left rear wheel axle housing that would explain said code wouldn't it? Seems like if it were lifted there would be some sort of wiring extension supplied to keep the abs working

Yeah I forgot to mention the fact that it had a 4inch lift. I bought it lifted so specifics about components
But it had the speed sensor connected and all
has

I am just thinking if there isn't a speed sensor in there it would make sense the code would be there. What I find really odd though is you don't have a code for any of the other sensors. I mean there should be one on the right and both front wheels as well. I would look for those to be there.

I ordered the left rear speed sensor just to be safe but
yeah it has them all it's weird, as far as the brake light goes that has nothing to do with abs light right ?

If the abs light is on, it can trigger the brake light as well. As long as the parking brake is off and the level is full in the master cylinder, it will mean it's on because of the abs light.