Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2017 Ford Escape. I will be driving and it loses…

I have a 2017...

I have a 2017 Ford Escape. I will be driving and it loses power and goes into limp mode. I have to pull over and restart it. Last time it happened I was passing a car on a 2 lane highway. This has happened to me 3 different times. The dash light comes on saying check engine now. Took it to the Ford Dealership to look for code. No code comes up

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Consistent until I turn it off and restart it

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?

Haven't tried anything yet. Other than take it twice to the Ford Dealership and they told there there is no code, so they didn't know what to do.

3/19/2018
Ironmike
Ironmike, Ford Technician

Greetings,

I have seen issue like this caused by the electronic throttle control. Let me check for bulletins.

Ok, I have read where other people have had the same problem
No phone call, I won't ;be able to do step by step to fix problem. It's bigger than that. Needs the dealership to fix it before the warranty is done

From what I see there could be a loose connector on the high pressure fuel pump or an update for the PCM is needed. This will be under warranty. Sometimes the techs at the dealer do not look too far if there are no codes.

Sometimes on problems that are not duplicated and with no codes they need to check the Ford site resources. They can even call Tech assistance.

Ok, thank you. It is something for them to check.

The problem is they do not pay for the techs to do the research or electrical/programming issues. good luck

Thank you

you are welcome.

Ironmike
Ironmike, Ford Technician