Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I'm balking at $38 if by chance this guy knows more than…

Customer Question
I'm balking at $38...

I'm balking at $38 if by chance this guy knows more than what is publicly available from online databases which libraries have access to.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

Already mentioned 2012 Focus, SEL

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing because I cannot find any information about a P1035 code in anything from FOMOCO!

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?

As mentioned before, YES

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Who is the mechanic, and what information has he beyond with is available in the Ford Focus Service Manual? this is a bot. im getting the same questions each time.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
3/19/2018
Ford Mechanic: Jared D, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician

Good afternoon,

Let me see if I can help. I have access to all of Ford's dealership service publications since I run a Ford fleet.

You're right, that code is a little odd. P1035 isn't standard. What sort of code reader are you using?

Are you getting any symptoms along with the code?

It is a FoxCon 301 or something close to that. Its a good unit. Issue is the code is throwing a Check Engine Lite. All 4 monitored sensors show green check marks. Frankly at 120,000 miles, the car is averaging 36.3 miles per gallon this month! to date. Frankly exceptional efficiency. It's inexplicable what is wrong given the high level of performance of this 2.0L engine. That I cannot find any information for a P1035 trouble code is most troubling. I don't want to start replacing parts without knowing what the code is related to.

I tried to run through Ford's check engine light guide for this car looking for anything similar and nothing matches at all.

I'm wondering if somehow the code reader is picking it up incorrectly. Maybe it's supposed to be p0135?

P1035, and you are at the same level of bewilderment as I. Nothing found on the public internet. Nothing found from the Library, which has access to much deeper and broader information by specific Make and Model, but still found nothing. That is why I was trying JustAnswer hoping you had resources outside of what I have tried to use. I have reset all data on three occasions now. Runs about 50-60 miles before all the monitors read green, then check engine light re-appears the the Fox NT301 gives P1035 (which it says is a manufacturer specific code). This brought me to a Ford Expert like yourself.

Let me try running it on the FORD IDS website. And, if you have a minute I can run out into the shop and talk to one of my techs who used to work for Ford. Maybe he has an idea.

Could I get the complete VIN? Ford's database won't give me anything without the VIN.

VIN=1FAHP3H27CL366990, Dearborn Mich, I think was the factory.

Nothing. The closest code they list is p1025. Nothing under p1035.

This is my issue, also. I can't find any information about this ODBC II code related to Ford 2012 Focus. Other makes but not FORD. Thank you for trying Jared. I'm no worse off having asked you the question.
Please note Jared D, that I will be exercising my claim to full refund based upon your find "Nothing" for the P1035 Trouble Code. Thank you for your best effort to search for an answer. KWood

You bet. I wish I could be more help. If somehow it turns out to be a different code please let me know- I'll help you track it down.