Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2013 F 150 wont fire up and run it will turn over when I try…

Customer Question
2013 F 150...

2013 F 150 wont fire up and run it will turn over when I try to start it but wont fire;

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

1st time i happened it was in garage 54 degrees so it wasn't cold. we opened the door where you put in the gas and gave it some air and then it started and ran good for a couple of days. then it quit at church yesterday, I had it towed to auto shop, and they don't seem to know whats you either

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '13 Ford?

Battery is like new we had it check it was firing at 14

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I am a girl

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I am trying to find out what it could be so I don't get ripped off I called the dealer where I bought it they had never heard of such a thing

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Ford
3/19/2018
Ford Mechanic: Ironmike, Ford Technician replied 1 month ago
Ironmike
Ironmike, Ford Technician

greetings,

what engine and how many miles? can you hear the fuel pump when the ignition key is turned on? is the check engine light on or was it on when it ran?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
90000
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No lights were on and it ran just fine on the way up to the church I did not hear any fuel pump noises when it wouldn’t start after church I did we did here before church but not after
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK we can text back-and-forth but don’t charge me the $26 then

looking for the schematics

the fuel pump should buzz when the ignition key is first turned on for a few seconds and then stay on when running.

what engine do you have?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m sorry I don’t know what my engine is

can you take a picture?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am so sorry I am not buy the truck so I can take a picture of it I just I’m so worried that the guys that are going to work on it don’t know what they’re doing that I am doing some research myself I know that it’s a 4 x 4
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I just looked on my bank account and I have just gotten two charges of $33 which makes $66 plus $26 for talking to you
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don’t mean paying for one but I’m getting charge for a whole bunch more here with 107 bucks that’s crazy

I see there is a bulletin for the fuel pump fuse in the under hood fuse box.

I am sorry for the mistake. I will let them know.

It is possible the fuse box terminal is melting and cause a voltage drop and possible the fuse has finally blown. The dealership will be able to look this up and the fix is not hard. Fuse 27.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can you get one of them taken off of there like one $33 one the $26 one and the five dollar one the $26 was because somebody was supposed to call me and nobody called me and then they must be to have you guys that get target $33 apiece or something and then five dollars a piece for good faith

I declined the call because I wanted to get all related info ready. I am having issues with my ford info site.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
will you be able to take off half of those chargesI’m sorry I $107 is too much for the
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the $26 still is on there
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Could you please help me find out who it is that does the credits because I know I do need to have this

I am trying right now. I do not see customer assistance on my side. They are pretty good with refunds.

I see you have 2 questions, they may have not picked up on it yet

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you so much for your help I believe that I started out with you and when you declined the phone call than the next guy picked up so that’s how I got double charged I think I did contact my bank to stop payment until I get it figured out so I will call the security answer company and see if we can straighten it out thank you so much you’re so kind and I appreciate all that you’ve done for me thank you very much

you are welcome. So you have 2 techs that say to check fuse 27 in the fuse box under the hood. The dealer has a repair for this issue. You might be able to replace the fuse and drive it to the dealer. thank you and good luck

Ironmike
Ironmike
Ironmike, Ford Technician