Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

When i get on the highway and get on it rpms go up but it…

When i get on...

When i get on the highway and get on it rpms go up but it feels like no power..

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Just started that last night..since last night consistent...when i out it in drive it seems normal.when i get on gas no power butnrpms are going

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2007 v6

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Ive changed throttle body sensor..maf sensor..fuel pump driver and fuel rail sensor

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Been idling very rough and hard..last couple months or so..even put on manifold gaskets..still kept on idling rough..now this problem

3/19/2018
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH

Hi, my name is ***** ***** sounds like the cat converter in the exhaust is partially plugged, does do better when its first started, then gets worse as the engine warms up?

Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
After it sits a bit starts up pretty easy after running it starts idling rough again and i hear like a garbling sound
Phone call session started