Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

1989 ford f250 302 5 speed changed the fuel pump and tank…

Customer Question
1989 ford f250 302...

1989 ford f250 302 5 speed changed the fuel pump and tank wont fire up.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?

But itll pop over with a little bit of starting fluid its all brand new tank and fuel pump/sending unit

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes im fixing it myself. Guy i bought it from said it needed a new fuel pump so i replaced the pump and the whole tank

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Ford
3/19/2018
Ford Mechanic: Edward, ASE Certified Technician replied 5 months ago
Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

If you turn the key ON, does the Check engine light come ON in the dash? Also, the fuel pump relay, do you know where it is? Check the inertia switch, or the fuel pump safety switch, it's drivers side up on the firewall and has a red button on it. Are you sure it's pushed in? thank you.