Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The car started to hesitate immediately after adding 3/4…

The car started to...

The car started to hesitate immediately after adding 3/4 tank of 93 shell v-power.i drove for8 miles and put HEET (ISOPROPINAL ALCHOHOL) IN TAKE CAUSE I ASSUMED I GOT BAD GAS.. e\Engine warning lite came on after 3miles. I parked the car for 1 week and the car drove great for 1 mile.,but the engine warning like would not go out. I then disconnected the battery an after the lite was out. I drove the car for 3 more miles and then the wrench lite(limp home) came on. I got home ok but what's probably wrong? thanks.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The engine warning lite(the shape of a motor) and the limp home lite(shape of a wrench.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 9-3 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No all I put in the t-bird(2004) was dry gas.

3/19/2018
Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

How much of this shell v power gas is left in the tank now?

Also, do you have a scan tool we could check and see what codes are stored by chance? thank you.

full tank and no scan tool

Alright, I wonder if it's setting misfire codes and it has got water in the tank.

Are you near a auto parts store by chance? that you could get them to scan for codes? that would give us a better picture as to why the warning lights are coming on.

Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician
its my work number
Phone call session started