Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Radiator fan will not come on causing overheating. 2002

Customer Question
Radiator fan will not...

Radiator fan will not come on causing overheating

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2002 mustang3.8 6 cylinders

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Coolant , checked the fuse

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Ford
3/19/2018
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

The common cause for the lack of a cooling fan is in most cases cause by a failing CCRM (constant control relay module) , are you able to do some testing to determine if in fact, that is what calling you'res to fail?

I can just tell me what to do

Okay, you are going to need to check power in and out of the CCRM, its located in the engine compartment just under the air filter housing. I have enclosed the steps to test it as well as the wiring diagram for testing reference.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ebvlibp8orwf9p3/Cooling%20fan%20Mar%2019.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m54rd6rgfm98an7/CCRM%20location%20Mar%2019.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/82xqps04u3hi35s/cooling%20fan%20wiring%20Mar%2019.pdf?dl=0