Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It does this shaking when idling or pushing the gas...fuel…

Customer Question
It does this shaking...

It does this shaking when idling or pushing the gas...fuel filter checked, spark plugs, gas treatment done,

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? When did you last check the plugs?

It doesn't show the rpm going up and down when idling though

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2007 Ford Expedition...193000 they put check the plugs about 2 weeks ago...didnt throw any codes it was riding fine then just one day out of the blue

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Expedition yourself? What have you tried so far?

We took it to a mechanic...spark plugs check, fuel filter replaced, oil changed, change the gas and put a gas treatment in

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/19/2018
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok

When you mechanic installed the new spark plugs did he run an engine compression test?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
he didnt install the spark plugs...he put it on the machine to check to see if was throwing codes and it wasnt so he told me to take it to the dealership to see what was wrong and he would fix it...he was lazy

The type of shaking you are describing sound very much like you have an engine misfire and the computer sometimes take a while to set a fault code for the misfiring cylinder. This type of misfire can usually be seen on the scan tool by looking at the mode 6 data at the misfire count. You are likely looking at either a failing spark plug and or a bad ignition coil and in some cases a low compression issue on one or more cylinders. These are the things that need to be checked starting with a compression test.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician