Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

In 2003 F250 6.0 engine don’t run in to the freeway max run…

Customer Question
In 2003 F250 6.0...

In 2003 F250 6.0 engine don’t run in to the freeway max run 65 mph when puch the pedal all way down don’t revolution

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

Automatic 175000 m

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I fixed my self

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Ford
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/19/2018
Ford Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 month ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue
In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sunday through Friday from around 5 am to 9 pm Eastern time.Zone If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.
If you see a call request on your screen ,That is an automated feature the web site offers all customers.

Is there any check engine light on and have you scanned for faults with capable ford scanner that can see engine, Transmission , abs modules for faults ?

have transmission fluid been serviced ?

what have you done so far if any ?

any slipping on transmission , under load ?

Are you looking for the most possible causes or you are repairing it yourself .

Please Let Me Know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

TSB 08-26-12: COKING DEPOSITS DIAGNOSTIC - EGR DTCS P0401, P0402, P0404, P1335 - 01/05/09
2003-2009 E-350, E-450, E-550, Excursion, F-Super Duty with a 6.0L engine.
Some vehicles may exhibit white smoke, black smoke, lacks power, exhaust odor, surges and/or exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) P0401, P0402, P0404, and/or P1335 as a result of excessive coking deposits un-combusted or incompletely combusted hydrocarbons. This procedure should be used only if one or more of the components listed below have already been identified as having an excessive coking condition. Follow the TSB Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.

PROBABLE CAUSES:

• Engine Oil Cooler or Screen Restricted
  • Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) System Cooler Restricted
  • High Pressure Oil System leaking at Pump Connector or Dummy Plug

any fuel leaking on rail ?

It is also possible your FICM is dropping out power under a load-the best way to check is to monitor your FICM supply and FICM output power on a scanner during the initial KOEO injector cycle-if FICM supply voltage is low, so will the output-I like to see around 46 volts as the minimum reading during the injector cycle-if it goes down into the low 40’s or 30’s, you have FICM problems.

-FICM connectors are VERY prone to damage as well-the plastic lock tabs break off of the connector (there are 2 locks per connector), and since the FICM connectors hang upside down, it's only a matter of time before one backs out and shuts you down.

check connector, click on link to view

If more help is needed, Please use the reply Tab to continue our conversation.

, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click here or above).

You can Rate at Any Time and we Can Continue to work on your question as This Will Not Close out your Question.

I work on delivering the best answer and help but in some cases,

It can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I’m need know what happen with my 2007 Chevy Tahoe 4.8L the motor still heat
I’m change new Wather pump
2 fan work good
Only I’m have problem with oil pressure sensor but you think is a problem?
Ford Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 26 days ago

If you put your hand on the 2 coolant lines going to heater from under hood ,are they warm to touch , one warm one cold ?

the oil pressure will not cause that heat issue

the heat will be ,heater core ,clogged, blend door actuator behind dash board , incorrect bleeding ?

have the heater core and the door actuators checked IF BOTH LINES GOING INTO HEATER CORE ARE HOT TO TOUCH , IF THEY BOT HOT MEANS WORKING AND WE HAVE ACTUATOR DOOR ISSUE INSIDE DASH OR CONTROLLER ON DASH

IF ONE GOING IN IS HOT AND THE RETURN COLD THEN HEATER CORE CLOGGED .

HOPE THAT HELPS ,LET ME KNOW

Ford Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 18 days ago

Hey, Just checking to see if you need any additional help on it

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat