Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Wow, I have a 2015 ford fiesta, I bought it used 30k. It has…

Customer Question
Wow, hi I...

Wow, hi I have a 2015 ford fiesta, I bought it used 30k. It has now 35k. The last few days, a warning comes on telling me that the traction control is off. I have no idea why it is doing this. I noticed saturday when I went to drive it, the battery stalled a bit. Very odd. and i went on my way no problem. Today, I went to work and it acted like a dead battery and it said warning again traction control off. It finally started, and it was almost a complete dead battery. What do I do to turn this traction back on and why would it be effecting the battery? thank you so much.

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

No but, a month ago, I left a light on and my battery was dead and I had to call tow service and he quickly started it right up with his machine. He told me my battery was good and no bad cell. He said, still good with ford dealership. warranty

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fiesta yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have not tried anything. I have the manual and trying to see if I can fix myself. Not mechanically inclined,

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that is it and thank you so much

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
3/19/2018
Ford Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 4 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Low voltage due to a battery that is failing intermittently or loose or corroded battery cables will cause the electronics to act up so it is a possible low voltage from your battery is causing the traction light issue here.

You need to have the battery tested as well as the alternator to see if any issues are found.If they are tested and found to be o.k. then the battery cables need to be inspected for any issues with being loose or corroded.

If these are all o.k. then you will need to have a parasitic drain/draw test performed with a multi meter to see if there is an electrical component that is draining the battery like a traction control component possibly or another electronic like a stuck on relay or switch causing the voltage issue.

This has to be done to help locate and repair this fault here.

Usually, a local parts store will test your battery and alternator free of charge if you can drive the vehicle to them.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete