Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2001 Mercury mystique 2.5 power steering hose leaking at the…

2001 Mercury mystique 2.5 power...
2001 Mercury mystique 2.5 power steering hose leaking at the power steering pump is that a little union piece that has a mail land and a female and I know it’s leaking where my finger is pressed even though it’s tightThat little tube that I can wiggle even though it’s tight and I was like it was leaking there
3/19/2018
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Kenny, is this a new power steering hose?

No It’s the original I noticed when I went to take it off the old pump that it just wall bold and there was oil there I believe that’s where it was leaking I’m not positive
It moves real easy and oil was their
I can just wiggle it back-and-forth in it and the fittings tight

Its normal for it to move but you likely have a bad Oring. Pull it off and have a look at the oring. See its location in the link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1qpqj39k0la4w09/Oring%20Mar%2019.pdf?dl=0

Does that little one go on the inside then

Yes that is correct, just as shown in the diagram I posted.

I’m confused Ron it’s only showing one O-ring and I have two

I don't think you need to seal the nut, the seal goes on the line.

Yes like that

Thank you Ron

Your very welcome and thank you as well.

Please take a moment to rate my service at the top right hand side of the page so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Sorry to bother you Ron can you display this link again this thing started leaking again as the O-rings for the power steering pump

Which link are you needing, the hose connection?

Or if for the pump and hose

Okay, see this link, the connection for the hose is in step #1 in the install steps.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e74av1qo6iv2col/power%20steering%20May%207.pdf?dl=0

Thank u

Sure thing, thank you as well.