Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Ford 2013 fusion platinum edition I get static over the

speakers where and when I...
Ford 2013 fusion platinum edition I get static over the speakers where and when I never got static before it occurs with our with out music. The radio does play intermittently the customer said
3/19/2018
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

The problem you are describing is a known concern and Ford has released a service bulletin calling for Reprogramming the Audio Control Module with the latest software update. I have enclosed the bulletin for your review in the link below. Check your build date to see if this applies to your Fusion as most do.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7x7dp1l63gbj1uy/radio%20programming%20Mar%2019.pdf?dl=0

Will check out thanks this a 12/12 car is this free or pay

Its a service bulletin and not a recall so it's not going to be a free repair.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Nice thanks
Ford wants to replace the acm to repair this radio it's about a 1000.00 does this sound right and is there any other options

Did they even try reprogramming it before the recommended having to replace it?

No

Well, I would sure have them try reprogramming it before the consider replacing it. If they do end of wanting to replace it would insist on a guarantee that that will fix this for you.

Thanks

Your very welcome and thank you as well.

Is there a rebuild facility somewhere for this unit ?

See the link below , if it needs repair they should be able to do it.

https://navrepair.com/collections/ford-navigation

Thank you

Your welcome.