Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2015 edge, power tailgate, warning that its open, but the…

Customer Question
2015 edge, power tailgate...

2015 edge, power tailgate, warning that its open, but the tailagate will not open or close. if leave it eventually drains battery trying to close

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

Battery is good

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '15 Ford?

Yes edge

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried to open/close tailgate, cant get it to move at all

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is there a fuse or something i can pull to disable power

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
3/19/2018
Ford Mechanic: A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE replied 4 months ago
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

Can you give me the VIN# ***** the mileage on the Edge?

forced it open, we are good, thanks

Thanks for the update.

Inspect the latch. It may have been jambed from not fully opening.