Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2003 ford f150. I am trying to fix a spark plug and have my…

2003 ford f150.I am trying...
2003 ford f150.I am trying to fix a blown spark plug and have my left fuel rail off for more room, but I need to crank the engine to get the cylinders closed on $4 and I don't want gas shooting out of the fuel rail when I do. Is there a way to easily de-energize the fuel pump?
3/18/2018
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Mark,

You can shut the fuel pump off by removing the fuel pump relay, its located in the under hood fuse panel. See the location in the link below. I have marked its location for you . Once you remove it the fuel pump will no longer engage.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4lbpmebmv3v8usi/FP%20relay%20Mar%2018.pdf?dl=0

Ron, ASE Certified Technician