Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The power train light popped on my car and it is smoking.

Customer Question
The power train light...

The power train light popped on my car and it is smoking

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

Just today

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2010 ford explorer xlt

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?

It just started and I'm trying to make it home.safe. I'm 30 miles from home

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The car is losing power

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Ford
3/18/2018
Ford Mechanic: HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans replied 5 months ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, do you mean the check engine light is on? Where is it smoking from, the tail pipe? What color smoke? Is the check engine light flashing while driving? All fluids look full?