Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Flashing exclamation point. 2002 ford Taurus. Nothing, I…

Customer Question
Flashing exclamation point Mechanic's...

Flashing exclamation point

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2002 ford Taurus

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Taurus yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing, I just bought it. I didnt know what the exclamation point meant

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Check engine light is also on

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Stays on

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
3/18/2018
Ford Mechanic: Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner replied 4 months ago
Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

This is the transmission malfunction indicator light.

Start by checking the transmission fluid level. Many times its low on fluid and thats causing it to slip or something and the computer is picking up on it.

If the fluid is full and looks to be in decent shape then you are going to need to get the transmission codes checked to move forward.

Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for helping you today. Thanks