Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Its a 2014 f 150 im wondering how to disable mykey settings…

Its a 2014 f...

Its a 2014 f 150 im wondering how to disable mykey settings without a admin key i only have one key

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the key stripped or worn?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '14 Ford?

F-150 XLT

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I went to settings on the cluster screen where the speedometer is and there is no mykey settings im wondering how to clear mykey settings with only one key i dont have any other key

3/18/2018
Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician

H​ello my name is ***** ***** you only have the one key and no admin key, the only repair is to have another key made and programmed, then you will have 2 admin keys. There is no way to clear this key out without programming another key.

Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician
can i get this key made at walmart or does it have to be the key with the remote device made into it?

I am not sure if Walmart can do this or not, you better call first, the keys have a chip inside that must be programmed before the vehicle will start.

O​k I misread, the key comes with the remote fob and must be programmed as one, so yes to your question.