Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I need to replace the a/c expansion valve on a 2015 Mustang.

I need to replace...

I need to replace the a/c expansion valve on a 2015 Mustang. Is it located next to the firewall?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level?

Yes. Suction pressure was going down, 10psi. High side got up to 350 psi

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mustang yourself? What have you tried so far?

So check the refrigerant level with gage

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The location of the expansion valve

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/18/2018
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Is your Mustang a GT or a standard Mustang?

GT Automatic
you got it?

Okay thank you for that information, The expansion valve is at the firewall on the passenger side. I have enclosed the factory removal step in the link below, have a look and see if this is what you looking for. Post back if you have more questions and or need more help.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0jfyqr9sid4j6uq/expansion%20Mar%2018.pdf?dl=0

do you have a part # for the ac expansion valve?

Yes the Ford OEM part number is FR3Z-19849-D. The list price is $37.56 .

Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Perfect. Thank you!

Your very welcome and thank you as well.