Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Changing seats in '90 bronco with a 99 explorer limited

Changing seats in...

Changing seats in '90 bronco with a 99 explorer limited driver and passenger seats need wiring hook uo for

3/18/2018
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician

Hi, My name is Jay

Here is the wire diagram for the 1999 Explorer and all you need to do is apply power to the black/white stripe wire and ground the black wire to seat bolt.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t4dsmg9juslrsyi/1999%20ford%20explorer%20power%20seats.pdf?dl=0

are the other wires on the connector necessary for any motor function

Unless you have heated seats and this diagram is also supplied and requires the heated seat module and may not work on the 1990 Bronco since they are computer controlled and may not work. All the wires are in the seat harness and connects to seat motors and lumbar supports.

Jaybird61