Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Id the 2018 ford focus with a dps 6 trans towable 4 wheels…

Id the 2018 ford...

Id the 2018 ford focus with a dps 6 trans towable 4 wheels down

Mechanic's Assistant: Besides this, what condition is the car in?

Its brand new thinking about buying

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?

No issue is it towable 4 wheel down

3/18/2018
Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician

H​ello my name is ***** ***** me look for this information, give me a few minutes as the Ford system has been down, thanks Scott

Yes, this vehicle can be towed with all 4 wheels on the ground, limited to 70 mph. I will see if I can print it off for you.

H​ere is the information, there may be a few extra pages in there also. Click here

If you have more questions just ask, all I ask, is when you are finished, please rate my service today, as this is how I am paid for my time, thanks Scott

Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician
thks. i am a pessimist but again this veh is a 2018 focus titatium 2.0 with a dps6 transmission that i want to tow behing my rv. the trans i saw that was towable was a mps6 and that's why i got concerned and the dealer and because it was sat couldn't find out but i guess you did but advise the difference

I will be honest we had one come in on the hook and that transmission was smoked, customer stated he did everything correctly, and Ford paid the bill since it was 4 wheel towable.

I​ don't think any car should be towed on the ground myself, there is just much room for error, and then its too late with a bunch of damage. Just my opinion.

i have a 04 Honda crv and a crv before that and never an issue. i understand what your saying but just must be carefull. what is that mps6 trans

DPS6 transmission is a manual transmission that is fully automatically shifted, the other 2 transmissions are a 5 speed and a 6 speed and they are fully manual.

amazing remco says the mps6 is automatic and towable 4 down

Ford calls it an automatic also, but in reality it is a fully automatically shifting manual trans.