Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My Battery indicator come on to say turn off to save

My Battery indicator come...

My Battery indicator come on to say turn off to save battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

No what voltmeter

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2013 Ford Edge Sel

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Edge yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I don't know that much about cars

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that is it

3/18/2018
Mastertechuk
Mastertechuk, Auto Mechanic

Hi im kevin in most cases this warning indicates that the battery is not being charged suffciently .this is normally caused by an alternator failure .you will need to have charging voltage tested to confirm this and if this is the case the alternator will need to be replaced

Mastertechuk
Mastertechuk, Auto Mechanic
Thanks Kevin and yes the alternator will have to be changed, just talked to my mechanic and on Wednesday they will be putting a new alternator in.

No problem glad to have been able to help