Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Can't find location of air pump or smog pump which ever its…

Can't find location of...

Can't find location of air pump or smog pump which ever its called on 2007 2.3 fusion. i

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to help find that for your Ford Fusion. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Have engine light on for insufficient air flow on bank 1. Googled said air pump or deverter valve bought both replaced egr solenoid where hose goes to check valve that I replaced also.Hoping after I get air pump plus other 2 that are already replaced takes care of engine light.e

3/18/2018
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

what fault code do you have?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
P0491 insufficient air flow bank 1. Replaced deverter or check valve already put new solenoid plug in with 2 hoses that connect to bottom of it one hose goes to top of check valve. Bought air pump just trying to find out where it goes. Looked at video for location just shows location on 2007 ford focus on passenger side taking headlight housing assembly. It is located there not sure on 2007 fusion if its the same or not. Thank you for help and responding!!!

standby while i look at this code please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
High David my name Mike not sure how this texting stuff works. Not sure if I'm doing this right. Don't know what to click on to find answers. Nothing has come across or I'm not clicking something right. Thank you for responding.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Saw that scamatics already just don't see where its hiding at. On passenger side under plastic skirt not sure Looking just don't see hoses going to it. Did the P0491 code tell you same thing I searched? I just bought them 3 parts to hopefully solve engine light. Definitely not a mechanic. I Google everything to save money but stumped on pump location. Thanks for response.

its a valve, not a pump

its on the top rear drivers side of engine

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Already replaced that. Check valve 2 bolts hold it on. Has big hose to front of valve and hose to back of it. Little hose that goes to top of it that runs to solenoid or egr which ever you call it. I bought new air or smog pump with rubber bottom cup type deal 2 hose hook up and one electric wire harness. Same scamatics pic you sent me. Brand new want to replace it. I'll keep looking no its hiding some where from pic you sent me on assenger side. I'll take tire off and remove skirting my be hiding under there.

your vehicle doesn't have one if you don't live or the vehicle wasn't manufactured in California

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you for all your help David. Much appreciated.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Awesome! Thanks again for all your help Sir. I'll inquire again in the future for help on this car. Have a good rest of the weekend!

you're very welcome and
Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will be greatly appreciated and will allow any follow-up questions you may have. we can chat back and forth many times until your issue is taken care of.
Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Found pump under motor like you said. Had water and big chunks of ice in both hoses going to pump. Probably not good. Don't know where water came from. Quite a bit was sitting in both hoses running into pump. Thanks again for all the great info ��!!!

thats usually why the pump fails, is that ice gets lodged in there

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Put all new parts on. Engine light still on. Don't know if I should reset light with my obll scanner and see if that takes engine light out or just drive it to see if it goes out. Or disconnect battery for computer to reset itself.

reset it

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
K! Thank you so much again. Didn't want to be a pain. Needed tech info and knowledge. I'll stick to being a Truck Driver!!!

no problem, its my job and Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will be greatly appreciated and will allow any follow-up questions you may have. we can chat back and forth many times until your issue is taken care of.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Don't know where you put the rating. But definitely 5 ��'s David. Thank You!!!!

there's a rating scale on your side. thank you

David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Welcome!!!
Cary York
Phone call session started
David Craig
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic