Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2008 ford explorer. It is hesitating while

Customer Question
I have a 2008...

I have a 2008 ford explorer. It is hesitating while accelerating. I thought it might be the transmission. But it threw a p0621 code (generator lamp malfunction) I've checked most of the wiring and it seems ok. Made a few repairs to wires. But is still doing the same thing. What should I do next?

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the fuel filters?

The transmission has 232000km. I have not checked the fuel filters yet.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm trying to do it myself. I have checked most of the wiring tested battery and alternator. Cleared the p0621 code. And reset the gpu by crossing the positive and negative cables. The code stayed away until I passed another vehicle. It works ok as long as I don't try to accelerate to fast.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
3/18/2018
Ford Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 4 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

the first thing to do is replace the generator the internal voltage regulator is failing to and supplying the incorrect expected voltage during the accelerating event and the PCM is seeing this and turning on the light.

hows it going?