Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2015 Ford F150 Ranch the sliding moon roof(Glass)

Customer Question
I have a 2015...

I have a 2015 Ford F150 King Ranch the sliding moon roof(Glass) went all the way back but will only come a few inches forward then stops and goes back the fully opened position....

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying to figure out what to do?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, everything else seems to work fine

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Ford
3/17/2018
Ford Mechanic: Scott W., Ford Technician replied 1 month ago
Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I have your VIN to check for known concerns?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
1FTFW1EG8FFB49878

Thanks

Ok I looked I see no ssm' or TSB's to let us technicians know of any problems, however I personally have done about 5 of these and everyone took a moonroof track assembly. There is one thing that should be tried and that is initialization, but it is such a pain to try and make it work, I will give it to you if you want, it is difficult to do. I am almost positive there is either a track failure or possibly some debris fell into the track and now it won't close. If you can't see any debris, I would have the track checked first.

H​ere is initialization if you want to try. It really shouldn't have lost its initialization anyway, but Ford has us try this first, any more questions just ask, all I ask is when you are finished, please take the time to rate my help as this is how I am paid for my time, thanks Scott Click here

If you have more questions just ask, all I ask is when you are finished, please take the time to rate my help as this is how I am paid for my time, thanks Scott

Scott W.
Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician