Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The rear passenger widow will go down not up with all new…

The rear passenger widow...

The rear passenger widow will go down not up with all new switches and regulator. any ideas

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2004 fx150

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, tested the voltage it is 12v going down nothing going up

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thanks

3/17/2018
Michael
Michael, Ford Senior Master Technician

Hello, my name is Michael. I will be assisting you today. Give me a moment to review your information and get right with you. If you have your VIN please send it to me.

Do you have the new style or heritage style F-150?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
1ftpw14524kc05628 fx-150 2004

Thank you for the information. Give me a moment to research this.

You have a voltmeter and the ability to use it, correct?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have tested the back switch and have 12 v going down but nothing going up

With you having replaced the switches and the regulator I suspect you have a broken wire. I can walk you through how to figure out which wire you have a problem with. Access the right rear window switch and check these circuits:

Set your meter to DC Voltage.

Place your red meter lead on the yellow wire with the light green stripe.

Now place your black lead on the yellow wire with the black stripe. Without pushing any buttons you should show 12V

Now move the black lead to the red wire with the black stripe. Without pushing any buttons you should show 12V

check this and let me know what you see.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no voltage

You checked this with the key turned to the on position?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
had the key turned off no voltage yellow and black. 12v red and black

For this measurement the master window switch needs to be connected to both connectors

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have 12v

That wire is open between the master switch and the passenger's switch. Typically it breaks in the door jambs. You'll have to access the wiring in the door jambs of the driver's and right rear doors and inspect the harness. Find the yellow wire with the black stripe and gently move and tug it. You'll find it broken.

If I can be of any further assistance do not hesitate to ask. If not, please rate my service. If for any reason you feel you cannot rate my service five stars please let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
great job found it thank alot
You're welcome! Thank you for choosing justanswer.com!
Michael
Michael, Ford Senior Master Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
instead of a five star rating I would give it a 10 star
Michael
Michael
Michael, Ford Senior Master Technician