Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Need help with my f150. 2007. I had try a lot of things. Is…

Need help with my...

Need help with my f150

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your F150?

2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I had try a lot of things. Is there phone call service?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Easier to talk over the phone

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/17/2018
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Give me a quick description of your problem, I'd like to make sure it is something I can help with before calling. Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi,Basically, the car run very rough. It feel like when your 6 cylinder car is running with 5 instead, or like it misfiring all the time. I plug the code reader and notice that 02 Sensor bank 1 sensor 2 is showing the same reading as bank 1 sensor 1. I had replaced all sensors already, both catalytic converters, spark plug coil, spark plugs, fuel filter and MAF. Dont know what else tod do. Can you call me tomorrow to(###) ###-####around 10 am central time?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Also Miles per gallon are terrible as expected with the current issue.

What codes are setting? Have you checked compression?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
current code is p0420.I dotn have a way to check compression at the moment. But it was checked about 2 months ago and it was ok.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Got to leave the computer now. I will reply to your messages tomorrow
thanks

Sounds good. I'm wondering how long vehicle has been running rough? Does check engine light flash? And does it run rough both at idle and while going down the highway?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Been rough for about two months. During that time I had replaced everything I mention earlier.
At idle you can tell something is not right, but almost unotable. You can tell for sure immediately when you start moving. You can feel the lack of power and the rough running like is about to missfire. Also the lack of power.

This doesn't sound like a simple one, what other codes have set since problem has started happening?

That reading is telling us converter isn't working but that shouldn't cause it to run bad so it sounds like something else is going on too.

What other codes have set since problem has started?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Apart of the previous code. I got the one about oxygen sensors back when I replace them. Currently after I clear the codes about two weeks ag all I get is p0420

H​as problem slowly gotten worse or just came all at once and stayed the same since? Has replacing anything helped at all?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It all came at once and stayed the same. Of all things that got replaced I think replacing all O2 sensors helped to make it run a bit less rought., but the problem still exist.
Ironmike
Ironmike, Ford Technician

Greetings,

Can you check VCT readings like desired and actual? how many miles? have the cam phasers been replaced or any other timing components?

Sometimes on the 5.4L 3 valve engines the phasers go bad, the pin to the cam shaft can get loose or oil flow issues can cause the valve timing to be off and not set codes.

lets start with checking actual and desired advance on bank1 and bank 2. You should see bank 1 has an issue.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello
sorry for the late reply
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My F150 is a 2007 6 cylinders
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This are some of the new readings I got today

4.2L?

No vct on this engine.

can you check cylinder compression?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My engine is a 4.2L
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can't check that. But I got someone to test pressure about a month or so ago when problem started and the pressure was supposedly ok.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Someone told me that it could be a vacuum leak. But im not sure how to check that

I have seen the EGR valves leak on these in the freestars. I would also check under the intake for the PVC hose leaking vacuum.

do we know what cylinder is misfiring?

You can move hoses with your hand and listen and watch to see if the rpm changes. You can spray around suspected areas like hoses and intake spots. I like to spray and watch the 02 sensor or fuel trims and see if they change. most chlorinated brake cleaner or carb spray will work.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Well I had not had a misfiring code since I replaced all 02 sensors. current code is just the generic p0420.But it run rough like a spark plug, spark plug cable or like I had bad gas. Hard to explain. Definitely lack of power and gas mileage terrible
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
When the misfiring was happening back then, it was been reported as cylinder 1.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Where is the PVC hose?

goes from valve cover to intake manifold

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I did replaced the PVC valve a few months ago. But im going to double check the hose

t​here is an elbow under the intake that can leak

did you replace the spark plug wires? I see coil pack and plugs

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I should be getting a p0401 if EGR was bad right? I'm not getting that though

you would think. usually that is for lack of flow

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
wires got replace with the coil too.This is an interesting youtube video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi5_p28r8tU He gets a bunch of codes that I dont get and also is not the same exact truck but what you think, could this be even without getting those codes?

y​ep, vacuum leaks can be hard to find and can performance issues.

I have used the spark plug boots from old wires to get customers going until part is in.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Im so mad about it. I had replace a bunch of stuff and the problem persist. I will take a closer look at hoses as soon as I have a chance and will update you to continue the conversation. Currently at work.Thanks

great, good luck

Ironmike
Ironmike, Ford Technician
Ironmike
Ironmike
Ironmike, Ford Technician