Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2001 ford escape leaks oil. the dealer said the timing…

Customer Question
My 2001 ford escape...

My 2001 ford escape leaks oil. the dealer said the timing cover gasket and the oil pan gasket needs to be replaced. my coolent will drop down some also. I dont have any oil spots on the drive way. last week my car would not start. it would turn over but not fire up. I had it towed and dealer said to fix timing cover, and oil pan gaskit. well I picked it up from the dealer buy having it towed and the driver said it cranks up now. the car was very low on oil when it would not start and I added oil and some coolent to see if it would start after that but it did not. but now after the dealer checks it out it cranks. i have not tried driving it yet. thats all i know for now.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the gaskets? Maybe the hoses?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I put oil in it, and some coolent because it was low. now its cranks up. can I drive it.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
3/17/2018
Ford Mechanic: Mike V., Auto Service Technician replied 4 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician

My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question Thanks.The site will prompt a call.I will let you know if it's necessary

Was it low on oil and coolant when you got it back from the dealer?