Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Heater blowing cold air. I took it to a mechanic he said it…

Customer Question
Heater blowing cold air ...

Heater blowing cold air

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked for a leak in the radiator?

I took it to a mechanic he said it had a air bubble in it he pressure checked said no leaks about 5 weeks ago

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2012 f150 xlt 5.0

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

How do I get the air bubble out

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No water in oil don't know how it got air bubble

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
3/17/2018
Ford Mechanic: Michael, Ford Senior Master Technician replied 4 months ago
Michael
Michael, Ford Senior Master Technician

Hello, my name is Michael. I will be assisting you today. Give me a moment to review your information and get right with you. If you have your VIN please send it to me.

Did this begin after work was done on the cooling system? Has your coolant been low?

before and about 5weeks after coolant level good when cold didn't look yet when running doesn't overheat to much just enough for the fan to kick on

I highly doubt you have an air pocket. I've never seen an F-150 with the 5.0L engine get one of those.

Do you have the ability to control temperature differently between the driver and passenger or just single temperature control?