Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2008 F150 with 5.4L engine, it has loud popping…

Customer Question
I have a 2008...

I have a 2008 F150 with 5.4L engine , it has loud popping noise. It miss fires really bad. We put in new coils , new injectors and sparkplugs, test throttle body and also rplc IMRC. Also check cam chain and cam slide beakers. What is this popping noise?

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

Intake manifold

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I explained it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

We change coils, injectors ,

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Ford
3/17/2018
Ford Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 1 month ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hello, my name is ***** ***** to Just Answer! I will be assisting you with your questions today. Give me one moment while I review this.

First, be sure to checkkfor power to ALL of the fuel injectors with a noid light, then check engine compression with a gauge.

Most parts stores loan out testing tools for this.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You mean check every injector connector for power and ground ?

Yep, you will see a pulsing noid light if they are all working. The compression test is to see if you have an exhaust valve staying closed and exhaust gases are escaping through the intake valve causing a popping /machine gun sound on acceleration.

Thanks again, and please remember to rate me 5 stars now and keep this link for further communications.

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No sir , I will try check the injector plugs .

Good deal, thanks again, and please remember to rate me 5 stars now and keep this link for any further questions.

I don't get credit for helping you until you rate me:)

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me
My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.

rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor