Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I am trying to replace vvt solenoid on 2007 ford 5.4. the…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to replace vvt solenoid on 2007 ford 5.4. the new the new solenoid came with new seal but the new seal is to large and is offset. on my vehicle the seal is not offset and is much smaller. what do i do.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '07 Ford?

F150 lariat

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have removed old seal but not solenoid. I found the old seal much smaller than the new and the hole is so small I cannot even see the screw which locks the solenoid in

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Ford
3/17/2018
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 5 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

What brand is the replacement part?

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris