Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Well, since you asked. Ford Fusion 2010 Hybrid. Son has it…

Well, since you asked...

Well, since you asked. Ford Fusion 2010 Hybrid. Son has it at college. Been sitting for a few months. Wouldn't start. USAA jumped it, but now, all the dash lights come on when it is running and multiple sensor fault messages

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

Haven't checked the fuses. dashboard bulbs are lit I believe

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fusion yourself? What have you tried so far?

At this point trying to figure out what the problem really is. Just had it jumped by USAA

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Think that covers it

3/17/2018
Michael
Michael, Ford Senior Master Technician

Hello, my name is Michael. I will be assisting you today.

Do you have a list of the error messages he is seeing on the dash?

Low fuel is one, cross traffic detected, there are others. Seems like basically everything is flashing
or showing a sensor fault.

Hybrids can be a bit complicated. There are two batteries within the car, and when one dies like it seems it did with your Hybrid it can wreak havoc on the control modules. Chances are with the battery voltage dropping several modules now have codes set in them causing the error messages. One thing he can try is to disconnect both the high voltage battery AND the 12 volt battery at the same time.

The 12 Volt battery is disconnected like any normal vehicle by removing the battery cable from the battery. The high voltage battery is disconnected by removing the service disconnect. See the video link for instructions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb4TC3LIpo8

Once both are disconnected let the vehicle sit for fifteen minutes and reconnect them both, starting with the high voltage battery. If the error messages are gone then you should be okay. If they return something has failed and will need to be professionally diagnosed.

If I can be of any further assistance do not hesitate to ask. If not, please rate my service. If for any reason you feel you cannot rate my service five stars please let me know.

Michael
Michael, Ford Senior Master Technician