Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

We are having some issues with our anti theft devise. F350…

Customer Question
We are having some...

We are having some issues with our anti theft devise

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

F350 ford desiel 201

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your F350?

2001

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

What the issue is when we put our key in and just turn it to the position where the anti theft light comes on we are not seeing the simbol we replace the batteries on both of the fobs

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you tried to reset the computer?

Hwere is the computer?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is there a way to disengage the anti theft on the vehicle so we can use our truck

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
3/17/2018
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 4 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

The Ford super duty in 2001 did not anti-theft PATS. It was not an option till 2008, and then it was only an option, not standard. It was not standard until 2010. The 2001 does not use coded keys either. If there is a theft system then it is something that has been installed aftermarket, not by Ford.

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

when we bought ford had this on there, it looks like an arrow head devise and when you put the key in and turn it part way you have to wait till the light goes out on the dash then you can turnover the engine, but the light does not come on?

Are you sure the light you are referring to is not the wait to start glow plug light?

Here is a picture of your cluster, where is the light you are referring to? https://www.dropbox.com/s/8d3776ic5jwsi9j/dieselclsuter.pdf?dl=0

the wait to start light

See if fuse 30 under the dash is blown If so unplug the fuel heater in the bottom of the filter housing and try another fuse.

Do these diagnostic steps if needed https://www.dropbox.com/s/cfex4hidbtyuack/WTS.png?dl=0

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris