Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2011 Ford Taurus keyless factory code.

2011 Ford Taurus keyless factory code.
3/17/2018
Michael
Michael, Ford Senior Master Technician

Hello, my name is Michael. I will be assisting you today.

You are looking for a way to get the five digit code for for the keypad on your Taurus, correct?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My mom recently bought the car used and the code was not in the glove box (also no owner's manual to see if written in it). I located a 5 digit code under the dash, near the brake pedal. It does not seem to work to unlock the door/s.

There are only two ways to get the keyless entry code.

The first, and easiest way, is by scantool. You'd have to go to the dealer and have them retrieve it for you this way. If you bought the car from a Ford dealer they should do this free of charge. If you bought it elsewhere they will charge you a fee. Typically about $50.

The second way is by finding the label on the fuse box. You say you found the code near the brake pedal, I'm not sure you found the correct code. The fuse box under the dash is the body control module, also called the smart junction box. On this module is a label with part numbers and other information. On this label will be five numbers, typically in a larger font the the rest of the information. This will be the keyless entry code. If it's not easy to see you may need to remove the module to find the label.

If I can be of any further assistance do not hesitate to ask. If not, please rate my service. If for any reason you feel you cannot rate my service five stars please let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This is a picture of the 5 digit number I'm trying. Unfortunately the car was not bought from a Ford dealer and our local dealer wants $60.It may be a keypad issue. Sometimes the keypad doesn't seem to recognize when I push a number. Also the car had an aftermarket remote start added, but I doubt that should affect this problem.PS-like your name. I'm a Michael, but use Mike.

Nice to meet you Mike.

That is the correct module, and MIGHT be the correct code. I don't think so though. Usually the code is on a larger label that includes information such as part number and module build date.

That being said, it is very common for the keypads to fail. If you have issues with the key pad not working I'd have that taken care of first. When I suspect I have a key pad issue this is how I test it.

I push the last two numbers simultaneously. The doors should lock when you do this, with the doors closed the interior lights should go off. Then I'll press 1/2. The keypad should light up and the interior lights should come on. Then I press the last two together to turn the lights off. Then I press 3/4, the lights should come on. Then I press the last two together to turn the lights off. I repeat this for each button. Each time you press a button the keypad should light up, and the interior lights should come on. If the lights come on each button press and they go off and the doors lock when pressing the last two buttons then the keypad should be okay.

If it's not okay it will require replacement. If it is okay, I'd remove the module and look on the back for a larger label.

Michael
Michael, Ford Senior Master Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Keypad doesn's seem to be working correctly. I'll have it replaced. Thanks for your help.

You're welcome. Thank you for choosing justanswer.com!

Michael
Michael
Michael, Ford Senior Master Technician