Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2015 Ford Escape and a 2005 Mercury Montego that I…

I have a 2015...

I have a 2015 Ford Escape and a 2005 Mercury Montego that I need to reset the doors since I only have one key for both cars and I have already lock myself out once. Can you help me to reset the door code?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you seen this code before? Have you tried a hard reset?

I didn't receive the code for either vehicle and I have not tried a hard reset because I don't know how.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Montego yourself? What have you tried so far?

The Montego I had to call roadside service to under lock the door. I have not been able to locate the box where the service person indicated. Both cars are running, but I just need to see if I can do a reset door code without knowing what the original code was.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The Montego is running a little ruff and the panel inside the car light blinks off and on sometime when I'm driving the car.

3/17/2018
Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question.

There are two ways to retrieve the factory keyless entry code. The first is it can be retrieved with a dealer scan tool. Our dealer often will retrieve the code for free, I have also heard some dealers charge 1/2 hour of labor to retrieve the code. the second method is to retrieve the code off the backside of the module that controls the keyless entry. For both vehicles the module needs to be unbolted so it can be turned around to view the code. See links below for module access for each vehicles. For both vehicles the module and interior fuse panel are the same. So you are unbolting the interior fuse panel and turning it around far enough to view the sticker with the code.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vcdnd60ch11bxrm/2015%20EscapeBCM.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8svnu75gjermtiq/2005%20MontegoSJB.pdf?dl=0

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service before you go. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges. Rating my answer positive charges your account the full question value and credits me. Submitting for a refund removes the credit from my account and makes me donate my time and experience for free, which is not my intention. Please only rate positive if you are satisfied and intend on paying for the services you agreed to. Thanks!

Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech