Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

A whole lot just bought today and has many issues the front…

Customer Question
A whole lot just...

A whole lot just bought today and has many issues the front driver window doesn't go down the rear driver side window doesn't close the check engine light is always on

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Stays on didn't pass smog

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2003 Ford Winstar

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Windstar yourself? What have you tried so far?

No not a mechanic just an expert googler

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I believe it is the valve cover gasket because of the numbers on fail slio Meant slip

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/17/2018
Ford Mechanic: Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician replied 4 months ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow-ups are free after ratings, so rate with confidence!

First off, if you bought this at a dealership, they have to fix the issues, even if it was bought as is. The Lemon law says a vehicle can't be sold with the check engine light on. Have the dealer fix that.

Second, what is the fault mean? If you can, swing by a Auto Zone and ask them to read the code for you. They do it for free. It may not be the valve cover.

On the windows, it could be the switch or the regulator in the door that controls the window. I would suspect the switch since more than one window is affected.

The vehicle not passing smog is most likely due to the fault light. The light can't b on with a smog check. That is a auto fail of the test and has to be resolved in order to pass.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5-star service and I want to provide a 10 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much I can back to you.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Please note: The site does the phone call requests, not I. I do not generate the request. Same as the memberships. The only thing I ask for is a positive 5-star rating, when we are finished, for my personal service to you.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

I just saw another question that was closed due to it being a duplicate. #4 is misfiring? Replace the plug and wire for #4. It will resolve that.