Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Got locked out of my Ford Edge, but can't find the key

Customer Question
Second opinion] Got locked out...
Second opinion] Got locked out of my Ford Edge, but can't find the key fob.....I literally searched my purse 3-4 times, its not in there..I don't know what the code is either. Had to leave the car in the Target lotJA: Have you checked the fob's battery?Customer: changed it out recently..... I didn't even go into my purse until after reaching my car, & the doors locked. Then, I searched for the fob-nowhere to be foundJA: What year is your Edge?Customer: 2011JA: Are you fixing your Edge yourself? What have you tried so far?Customer: Being that it was dark already, just trying to find the fob at this point. Couldnt see too well in the parking lotJA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?Customer: key fob in center console, always keep the other one in my purse
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
3/17/2018
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 6 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

You really did not leave much room for a reply to a question being you asked where your key fob may be?