Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Every time I didn't run my Ford Ranger p u truck for 2 days,

Customer Question
Every time I didn't...

Every time I didn't run my Ford Ranger p u truck for 2 days, I have to jump it to start. Now I did not run my truck for a month and it won't start. What's wrong?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

I put already a new battery.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Ranger?

1993 Ford Ranger.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?

Junp it and then change the battery.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

In the the dashboard, the check engine come on and the battery sensor.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Ford
3/17/2018
Ford Mechanic: A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE replied 1 month ago
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

If the RED BATTERY light comes on when the engine is running, you will need to have the charging system tested. But if not, then you have a current draw in the vehicle that is draining the battery when it is turned off. You will have to perform a current draw test with a digital meter that can read Milliamps.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How come I can't start the truck even I just put a new battery?

The engine will not crank over by the starter with a new battery in it?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The engine is cranking but it won't run as if there is no gas in it.

Ok. Thank you for that information.

What engine does your Ranger have?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The VIN # is 1FTCR14X8PPB72844, CAN YOU TELL WHAT ENGINE.

Ok. On the metal fuel lines for the fuel injectors you will see a test port. It will look like a metal valve stem. press the needle valve down and see if you get a large spray of fuel.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
oK. i'LL DO THAT TOMMORROW BECAUSE i CAN'T DO IT NOW BECAUSE IT'S DARK NOW. BYE BYE

Talk to you tomorrow. That will let us know if you are getting any fuel. If you do not get a large spray, the fuel pump is the problem and will need to be replaced.

A. Penland
A. Penland