Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Escape hybrid no start. Battery voltage is 12.28 volts. I…

Escape hybrid no start ...

Escape hybrid no start

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Battery voltage is 12.28 volts

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape Hybrid yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i am.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I tries the jumpstart button 6 times

3/17/2018
John Vieira
John Vieira, Ford Mechanic

Hello and welcome, My name is ***** ***** I will be working with you on the issue at hand. What is the year of your Escape please?

2006

Just a second while I check the website for specs of your vehicle.

John Vieira
John Vieira, Ford Mechanic
Phone call session started

May I please have the VIN number to accurately look at your vehicle

1FMYU95H26KB01401

Thank you

Does the engine crank? Does the starter spin? Does the indicator flash when attempting to start the vehicle?

First 5 times I pressed the jumpstart button, it went through it’s normal cycle and after seven and a half minutes the light blinked rapidly.
Each time though, it would not start.
The sixth and seventh time I pushed the jumpstart button the cycle only lasted a couple of minutes and the light blinked slowly.
There are no codes

thank you let me check the next step we need to do to fix this problem.

Engine does not crank.
There is no starter on these models