Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I just recently got a 94 Ford Ranger 4.0 4×4 the motor was…

I just recently got a...
I just recently got a 94 Ford Ranger 4.0 4×4 the motor was replaced before I bought it the mechanics didn't do that good of a job some of the brackets for the wire harnesses weren't hooked back up. It looks like a white with red stripe wire that goes to the oil pressure sending unit on the passenger side front of the motor by the oil pan then I trace it to the wire harness just below AC unit compressor and then it goes into a single wire plastic protector that got pulled out. I can't find where it gets connected to. I hope you can help me out
3/16/2018
Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

WHITE/RED is definitely the correct wire for the oil pressure sending unit.

on the 4.0L it passes through connector C113 in the engine compartment before getting through the firewall.

Find the RED/WHITE wire there at C113 at the drivers side strut tower, and run your broken wire over to it and solder it and heat shrink it and that should fix it. Let us know if you have any further questions. Thank you,.

I have been a shade tree mechanic for years but I have no garage and it's raining right now when it stops raining I will go and see what I find out I have a feeling you are absolutely right I will be more than happy to rate this when I am done thank you very very much

Absolutely, Thank you David. good luck!

Hello . We're you able to find that connector over on the drivers side inner fender well? thank you.

Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician